This is really simple, fast, and very yummy. It's an easy one for the kids to make while you sit around and eats bon-bons with your feet up.
Microwave Apple Bread Pudding
Prep time: 5 minutes, Microwave cooking time: 13 minutes
- 6 slices raisin bread
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pkg JELL-O Vanilla Pudding and & Pie Filling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- Gradually whisk milk into pudding mix in a large microwavable bowl.
- Cook on HIGH power for 5 minutes, stirring twice. Add eggs, stirring well and continue to cook on HIGH power another 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in raisin and apples. Cook 4 minutes more stirring once. Gently stir in bread cubes and cook another minute.
- Blend sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pudding. Serve warm.
Your kids will love making it and eating it! Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Photo and recipe taken from the book "The Magic of JELL-O"